April 14, 2005
Starksboro Historical Society
1. It was decided that the Historical Society and the Town Center planning committee would meet separately as there are different people interested in the two groups and the focus of each is different.
2. The following slate of Interim officers of the Historical Society was approved:
3. By Laws: Emma Lou and Jim Runcie have looked at the By Laws of the Bristol Historical Society. Cynthia Kling had a membership packet from the Gilford New Hampshire Historical Society of which she is a member. She spoke about the many programs they offer, dues ($10/yr or $150 for lifetime membership). Emma Lou will get By Laws from other small town Historical Societies to compare and then a committee will be formed to draft a similar document for our group.
4. CURTAIN RESTORATION: This is being done by a group that is trying to restore all the painted curtains in the state. They will be coming to Starksboro beginning on May 16th and hope to have our curtain completed by May 20th. They will need tables set up on which to lay out the curtain, and volunteers to help each day. A schedule of helpers was begun.
5. OTHER PROJECTS SUGGESTED BY MEMBERS:
6. NEXT MEETING: May 26th (Thursday) at 7PM
7. MEMBERS PRESENT:
Emma Lou Craig
General Information |
Meeting Minutes |
Attic Treasures |